Improving the Health of Rutherford County
RHI Legacy Foundation is dedicated to engaging partnerships and providing funding for programs that will improve the health of people who live and work in Rutherford County, North Carolina.
2017 grant applications will be received May 1 - June 30. Awards will be made in early October.
In order to be eligible for a grant from the RHI Legacy Foundation, an organization must:
- Qualify as exempt according to the IRS
- Have measurable benefits for the residents of Rutherford County
- Exemplify the Foundation’s mission and values
- Have a plan to sustain the program
- Provide the organization's recent financial statements
- Complete the application
Primary Focus and Goals of Funding
RHI Legacy Foundation, Inc. supports non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations whose projects serve residents in Rutherford County, North Carolina, Our 2017 grant focus areas include:
- Chronic Disease - Programs and services that provide health education or screenings for cancer, asthma and diabetes. The emphasis of the chronic disease focus will be disease prevention and overall health improvement for persons with those diseases.
- Healthy Eating - Programs and services which address access to sufficient and healthy food for all segments of the community. The emphasis will be on educating our citizens on nutrition and the impact of healthy eating on disease prevention.
- Active Living - Programs and services that encourage or facilitate an active lifestyle. Examples include physical activity on walking trails and the usage of parks and recreation. The emphasis will be on education about health improvements and disease prevention resulting from active lifestyles.
Purpose of Funding
When we award a grant to an organization, we expect the funding to support the following areas:
- General operating support
- Capacity building
We do not typically fund individuals.
To apply for a grant through RHI Legacy Foundation, fill out the following application. You may start your application at any time. You will be able to save and return to the application and continue working until it is finalized.